I get it.
Do you need encouragement? Are you wondering if being a writer mom ever gets easier? Should you accept that now is not the time to write? Are there any practical scheduling tips for making sure writing time happens? ANSWER: YES. YES. NO! YES!
I specialize in guiding writer moms through the journey of writing and the process of publication.
Writer Moms are my specialty! I don’t just work with writer moms…I am one! I have developed techniques to help you get your work done at the soccer field, the allergist appointment, in the car, anywhere! Read about my writer-mom journey in The L.A. Times and listen to the podcast where I talk about about the importance of creativity for moms. Have you ever felt like this:
- I am exhausted.
- The scheduling of the kids, driving, doctor appointments, morning routines, bedtime rituals, shopping, cooking, & cleaning up saps my creative juices.
- My person tries to give me writing time but they are busy and exhausted, too.
- I have a million obligations.
- I don’t feel motivated to write.
- Writing can feel like another to do and I don’t feel like doing it.
- I should give up.
- I wonder if my work matters.
- When I have free time, I: sleep, watch Netflix, search Pinterest, clean stuff, lurk on Facebook, anything other than write (even though I want to write!).
- I question if I am any good at this, if I will ever finish, or if I will ever start…
- I am lonely and long for a creative community for connection and support!
Heart. Soul. Pen. is an 8-week course designed to guide writers to a deeper connection to their creative spark. Writer moms will particularly benefit from creativity exercises, writing to ‘outrun the brain,’ sharing, and making & keeping small, do-able creative commitments. This is an opportunity for writer moms to connect to their inner voice and a community of like-minded women. You will come away feeling energized and committed to a regular writing practice.
Next course begins January 2019. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“Robin’s class didn’t feel like a class it felt more like a meeting of the minds – brilliant, creative and inspiring minds. It pushed me to more brilliant, creative, inspiring and open in my writing and in my life. It was a true delight to be among these women, to go outside of my comfort zone and find that it was safe and welcoming!”
—Jocelyn Clegg, therapist, writer, mom
“The energy and inspiration Robin brought to the workshop really made me stop and think about what I want. I had lots of ideas spinning and received so much encouragement and structure. Just an all around A+ experience! Robin is a natural-born leader — can’t wait to see her doing a TED talk.”
—Courtney Crane, artist, writer, mom
“I loved the elegant way Robin moved me from realizing what I’ve already created to what more I want to create.”
—Michelle Peterson, executive, writer, mom